Join us on Saturday 18th of November for an uplifting day of talks, workshops and wonderful shared food. There will plenty of time to network with those involved in food, growing and community across Somerset.
With just over a month to go, our event plan is almost finalised and can be viewed here, including:
- Our opening talk with Dr Martin Caraher, Professor Emeritus Food and Health Policy, University of London, will give the day some context
- Spark Somerset – Somerset Food Resilience project headlines & workshop
- Chop & chat with community chef Kean (Community Connect, Wells)
- Garden craft workshop with Lara (School Beanz)
- Funding workshop – Somerset Community Foundation & Spark Somerset
- Growing year round & planning crops effectively – Jane (Plotgate CSA)
- Ferments with farm & foraged food – Julia (Herbal Brue)
We'll be mentioning everyone who's involved on our Facebook event page over the coming weeks and please do help spread the word, thank you!
You are welcome to bring information about your project to display – let us know if you would like a space. We hope you can make it - Book your place!