Somerset Community Foundation keeps a list of grants open to community groups for various purposes (and those which are currently closed but due to reopen for applications).
The Main Grants for Groups programme is open until 4th March 2004 - grants of up to £5,000 for projects specifically targeting:
- children and young people to help them reach their potential and address the challenges they face
- adults with mental health problems to maintain their own health and wellbeing
- older people to age well and reduce isolation and loneliness
The next round of the Somerset Fund will be opening again in the spiring offering grants of up to £2,500 for groups that have an annual income of under £100,000 per year and run a:
- village hall, community centre or community shop
- park, play area, green space or sports club
- art, culture, or heritage group
- community transport scheme
It must connect people in your community so that they have:
- a range of different activities taking place that reflect local needs
- an opportunity to discover what they have in common with others.