What can you make?
Somerset Community Food cooking resources
Pantry recipes - we have been working with Love Glastonbury to develop some simple, healthy, tasty meals from store cupboard ingredients - (ready to print format):
- One-pot lentil dahl
- Simple stew
- Easy coconut curry
- Simple veg broth
- No-cook couscous salad
- Roasted veg, couscous, black beans and balsamic dressing
Cooking on a budget? Useful websites to visit:
- Cooking on a Bootstrap - 15-minute meals, cook tasty food from tins
- Jamie Oliver - offers 130 'cheap & cheerful' meal recipes
- Beat the budget - 400 healthy and low cost recipes
We use a variety of healthy recipes during Get Set Cook. Here are some simple recipes for you to try:
Following our Get Set Cook lower-carb workshops we have collated the recipes/ideas here (pdf):
- Session 1 - soup, salads and muffins
- Session 2 - low-carb meals (cauli rice, veg noodles, celeriac mash etc.)
- Session 3 - No sugar puddings and savoury snacks
Please contact us if you need these resources in a more accessible format.
Other cooking recipes and resources
Zing Somerset have cooking videos and cookery cards including ideas for breakfast, main meals, snacks and desserts, most are packed with fresh veggies - great for inspiration! If you've got a glut, Zing also have a handy guide on freezing fresh fruit and veg, including how to use them afterwards!
One You - the OneYou Easy Meals app provides a variety of recipes including a section of 'Seasonal Tips'. Click on the item you want to use, and you'll be given a list of recipes!
Interested in nutrition and healthy eating? Check out Zing Somerset's Food for Thought You Tube playlist. These short videos cover the foundations of food and nutrients.